The Marex OS-system is suitable for most ships and propulsions.
It replaces the complex remote controls which until recently had to be custom-made for a specific ship.
The Marex OS features
- modular hardware consisting of few components
- signal and data transmission by CAN-bus
- software and parameter settings permitting to meet various requirements
- Lower design and engineering costs
- Easy commissioning by means of intelligent software
- New methods of error analysis by remote data transmission
- Different types of control heads are available:
- For single and twin-engine propulsion systems
- With lever follow-up for systems with multiple control stations
- With lighted scale (day-/nighttime operation)
Marex OS VBR for Voith-Schneider propellers
Passenger ships and work boats navigate safely with this control. Developed in close cooperation with Voith Turbo, the Marex OS VBR is perfectly suitable for Voith-Schneider propellers, controllable pitch and rudder propellers, new or retrofit.
- System availability at all times ensures extreme safety in operation: A redundancy concept covers all functions from the control stations’ electronics to the hydraulic cylinders and actuator shaft.
- Economic efficiency: Resource-economizing navigation profiles can be defined to save fuel.
- Durability: All components of the drive chain are attuned to each other which reduces the wear of material.
- Certified quality: On request, the system is type-approved by:
- Germanischer Lloyd
- Bureau Veritas
- Det Norske Veritas
- American Bureau of Shipping
- LLoyd’s Register
Marex VBR control head
Marex VBR joystick
Marex VBR model
Operating panel including
control head and displays